Along unveiled Apple iPhone 7 on September 07th, 2016. Apple also introduced their latest cordless earbuds called AirPods. This new wireless earbuds offer Apple’s latest wireless pairing system, based on a new W1 chip.
The undercover sauce behind the new pairing system turned out to be all in the W1 chip in the Apple AirPods themselves, so it works with Bluetooth LE devices all the way back to the iPhone 5. They pair instantly, and that pairing propagates across all your Apple devices via iCloud.
Apple AirPods features:
- 5 hours battery life
- Charging case w/ extra 24 hours battery life on-the-go
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- One-tap setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri with a double-tap
- Charges quickly in the case
- Rich, high-quality audio and voice
- Seamless switching between devices
Power and Battery
- AirPods with Charging Case: More than 24 hours listening time,(3) up to 11 hours talk time(6)
- AirPods (single charge): Up to 5 hours listening time,(2) Up to 2 hours talk time(5)
- 15 minutes in the case equals 3 hours listening time(4) or over an hour of talk time(7)
Question & Answer:
Q:Do the air pods come with the iPhone 7/7+?
A: No, the new AirPods are sold separately as an accessory. The new iPhone 7, 7+ will come with a lighting connected set of EarPods and a “dongle” adaptor to attach current standard headphone jack EarPods into lighting ports. The AirPods are separate and purchased independent of the new iPhone.
Q: Could they be used one at a time?
A: Yes. AirPods can be used one at a time. They know when they are in your ear and stop streaming to the AirPod which is not in.
Q: Will a single air pod play music? I never cycle with the left earbud in so I can hear traffic.
A: From what I read on the keynote, it works with just one and it should automatically detect when you have one or both on.
Q: Tap controls in new AirPods?
A: Tap to pause, double for fwd triple tap for play
Q: Can Apple AirPods use with other iPhone? or just only use for iPhone 7 and 7 plus?
A: Apple AirPods require an active iCloud account and macOS Sierra, iOS 10, or watchOS 3 to be used. Therefore, the AirPods will work on previous iPhone models as well.
Apple AirPods will be available late October 2016 with price at $159.00, more details can be check at Apple.com.
In case if you eager to know what’s Apple’s latest products, you can watch “Apple – September Event 2016″ at video below.