Imation, the global scalable storage and data security company, has expanded their secure USB hard drive capacities up to one terabyte (TB. Like their previous version, this new external hard drive also equipped with biometric fingerprint authentication to provide more security to anticipate unauthorized users to access to the drive data.
In this latest version hard drive, Imation has been adding unique features and controls to meet enterprise and Govermanet customer needs, such as;
- Up to 10 users per device with one-factor or two-factor authentication standard, with robust support for complex and custom password policies, including length, special characters, and expiration, among other rules.
- Optional Imation ACCESS Enterprise device management, which streamlines provisioning, and offers customized security policies, deployment, and management of a few up to tens of thousands of secure portable devices across networks and security environments.
- Available administration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software, enabling centralized enterprise device management, and an array of administrative capabilities, including US Government CAC/PIV card authentication and optional antivirus software that prevents malware from being transferred onto the device.
Imation secure hard drive features include:
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security processor meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
- Single or dual-factor authentication, customers can choose models with password-only authentication, or password plus biometric fingerprint authentication through an ergonomic swipe sensor, to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
- Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
Unfortunately, there is no word on availablity and pricing for this new 1TB secure hard drive. However, Imation prevoiuos encrypted hard drive with Biometrics called Defender H200 (500GB) already available at Amazon.com for $482.21.
[ Via Imation ]